[ Follow-Ups | Post A Follow-Up | Return To Forum | FAQ ]

Eric's Song by VT

Posted by Norm on January 27, 2003 at 11:55:36:
In Reply to: Re: Eric's song - lyrics and interpretation? posted by Norm on January 27, 2003 at 11:21:28:

Eric's Song
by Vienna Teng

strange how you know inside me/I measure the time and I stand amazed/strange how I know inside you/my hand is outstreched toward the damp of the haze

and of course I forgive/I've seen how you live/like a phoenix you rise from the ashes/you pick up the pieces/and the ghosts in the attic they never quite leave/and of course I forgive/you've seen how I live/I've got darkness and fears to appease/my voices and analogies/ambitions like ribbons/worn bright on my sleeve

strange how we know each other

strange how I fit into you/there's a distance erased with the greatest of ease/strange how you fit into me/a gentle warmth filling the deepest of needs/and with each passing day/the stories we say/draw us tighter into our addiction/confirm our conviction/that some kind of miracle/passed on our heads/and how I am sure/like never before/of my reasons for defying reason/embracing the seasons/we dance through the colors/both followed and led/strange how we fit each other

strange how certain the journey/time unfolds the petals for eyes to see/strange how this journey's hurting/in ways we accept as part of fate's decree

so we just hold on fast/acknowledge the past as lessons so exquisitely crafted/painstakingly drated/to carve us the instruments /that play the music of life/for we don't realize/our faith in the prize/unless it's been somehow elusive how swiftly we choose it/the sacred simplicity of you at my side

Follow-Ups:

Post A Follow-Up:

Name:
Email:
Webpage:
Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow-Ups | Post A Follow-Up | Return To Forum | FAQ ]